- This event has passed.
Artist Talk with Lisa Waup
Ararat Gallery TAMA
Join us for an artist talk presented by Lisa Waup on Saturday 13 March at 2pm!
Lisa Waup is a multidisciplinary artist and curator working across weaving, printmaking, photography, sculpture, textiles and installation. Waup will discuss her distinctive weaving practice, which highlights the importance of tracing lost history, ancestral relationships, Country, motherhood and time.
Born in Melbourne, Victoria in 1971, Waup is an artist of Gunditjmara, Torres Strait Islander and Italian heritage with an affinity with Melanesian culture, developed through her extended family and experience of living in Papua New Guinea.
TAMA’s most recent acquisitions, a trio of baskets by Lisa Waup, are showcased in our exhibition Looking Through Time: Basketry from the TAMA Collection.
This seated talk will be 20 – 30 minutes in duration, followed by a 10 minute Q&A session. Please enter via the gallery entrance, where you will then be shown into the Town Hall auditorium.
For everyone’s health and safety, the event will be held in accordance to COVIDSafe guidelines – we thank you in anticipation of your support:
- Please check in and provide contact details on arrival
- Please note the signage regarding the maximum number of people allowed in each gallery at one time;
- Please support our staff in keeping the community safe;
- Please wear a face mask if required by government guidelines at the time (unless a lawful exception applies);
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided;
- Please stay 1.5m apart from other people at all times;
- If you are unwell, please stay home.For any enquiries, please call 03 5355 0220. We look forward to seeing you!
In the event that there are changes to this event due to COVID-19, ticket holders will be contacted.
Please book your tickets below: