Tape It! | Briony Barr
A participative artwork for kids, families and adults alike
Children & Young People, Event, Exhibition, Program
Monday 17th February - Sunday 21st June 2020
This activity is currently closed due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Please stay tuned for updates on when we will re-open.
Imagine a drawing that has become bored of paper and wandered off the page in search of new adventure … welcome to Tape It! Over the next four months, we will be experimenting with expanded drawing in the TAMA foyer, using colourful tape to draw patterns on windows, walls and more!
Tape It! is suitable for kids, families and adults alike. Stop in any time during the Gallery’s opening hours to take part.
Tape It! is based on the work of Melbourne-based artist, Briony Barr, who has designed and run collaborative drawings that have lasted from several hours to several months, involving children, families, students, artists, scientists and lots of tape! She is interested in how rules can be used to shape a creative process and how the deconstruction of an artwork can lead to new inspiration.
1. Use the coloured tape and scissors to draw shapes and patterns.
2. Make your drawing using only straight lines.
3. You can draw with tape on the glass windows, white walls and columns.
4. Do not go over the top of anyone else’s artwork.
5. Please do not use the tape to write words.